This is a super easy and so healthy granola recipe. It isn't overly sweet and is a real crowd-pleaser. It also makes your house smell fabulous for hours after you bake it. I sometimes add about 2 Tbsp. organic wholegrain tahini paste to my wet ingredients - for nutritional value.
1 cup oats
1 cup quinoa flakes
1 cup buckwheat flakes
1 cup chopped walnuts, almonds, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds
1 cup crushed flaxseed, coconut shreds
6 tablespoons cocoa powder (optional)
200 ml icaria pure pine tree honey
100 ml water
150 ml extra virgin olive oil
1 cup mixed currants & raisins or any dried fruits of your choice
1/2 tsp icaria pure sea crystals*
1. Preheat oven 140 •C/ 280 •F.
2. Combine all dry ingredients.
3. Stir together the sea crystals, honey, olive oil, and water in a bowl, then pour over the dry ingredients, and stir to coat.
4. Spread the mixture out evenly on the baking sheets in oven tray.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and toasted, about 30 minutes. Stir twice halfway through.
6. Reduce oven temperature to 120• C/ 250 F and leave another 10 to 15 min.
6. Cool, then stir in the raisins and currents before storing in an airtight container.